- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 sweet plantain, sliced
- 1 cup regular rice or converted rice
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves or cilantro
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook plantain, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until golden. Remove to paper towels; season lightly with salt.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook rice, onion and green pepper, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until rice is golden. Add water and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in beans and parsley and heat through. To serve, top with crispy plantains.