We share two ways to marinate beef and give it that delicious Latin flavor that never disappoints
Deliciously cooked beef is always the life of the party. And the key to tasty beef, like the one you eat back home, is mainly a good marinade. Learn two simple ways to marinate beef, its advantages, and some delicious recipes.
If you feel like tasting the spices directly in your mouth, it’s time to try this marinade:
- Mix a little bit of the pepper and Knorr® Beef Flavor Bouillon.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator and spread the mixture evenly on each side of the meat
- Put the meat aside in the refrigerator again for a few minutes
- Cook the meat at medium temperature, to keep the ingredients of the dry rub from burning and altering the flavor of the meat.
What are the advantages of this marinade? It’s quick, easy and helps create a deliciously crunchy layer around the meat. This is the best option to marinate a yummy carne asada or a thick steak full of flavor.
This liquid marinade is the most traditional. What you need to know:
- To prepare the marinade, mix a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, or other acidic element such as lemon and a little bit of Knorr® Beer Flavor Bouillon. Remember: the more acidic the marinade, the less marinating time it needs.
- Once the marinade is ready, put it in a sealed plastic bag along with the meat. This way you will marinate the meat evenly and each bite will be packed with flavor. If you do not have a bag use a glass container, but avoid metal at all costs because it may change the flavor of the meat.
- Let the meat sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour and no more than 8 hours
- Once you remove the meat from the refrigerator, throw out the used marinade. Mix together another marinade if you want to spread it over the meat while you cook it.
What are the advantages of this marinade? It gives the meat a savory flavor and, at the same time, helps soften its texture, leaving it tender. It’s the best option to marinate beef ribs or fine cuts, like a steak you can enjoy by itself or some carne asada tacos .