Skip to content
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. vodka
- 1 package Knorr® Parma Rosa sauce mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup light cream or milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
Heat olive oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until almost tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in vodka. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Stir in Knorr® Parma Rosa sauce mix blended with milk and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese. Simmer until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
To serve, toss sauce with hot penne. Serve, if desired, with freshly ground black pepper and thinly sliced fresh basil.