Skip to content
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat45
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen cooked winter squash
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 package (10 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 package Knorr® Vegetable recipe mix
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage, crushed (optional)
Bring water and squash to a boil in a medium saucepan.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large saucepot over medium-high heat and brown chicken, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken and set aside.
In same saucepot, cook red pepper and mushrooms over medium heat about 4 minutes, until golden, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and rice and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add wine and cook 2 minutes, until nearly evaporated. Add squash mixture, Knorr® Vegetable recipe mix and sage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook covered about 40 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken and cook about 1 minute until chicken is thoroughly cooked.