Skip to content
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium red and/or green bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Shrimp Bouillon, divided
- 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
HEAT oil in 5 to 6-quart pot over medium-high heat and cook onion and peppers, stirring frequently, until golden, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and chipotle peppers and cook, stirring, until fragrant about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until tomatoes soften and break down, about 5 minutes.
STIR in 1 cup water, hominy and 1 tablespoon Knorr® Shrimp Bouillon and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat 5 minutes.
SEASON shrimp with remaining 1 tablespoon Bouillon. Add to pot and cook, covered, over medium-low heat until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Garnish if desired, with diced avocado and radishes, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, chopped onion, lime wedges and dried oregano leaves.