- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lbs. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces chorizo, chopped
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1 container (16 oz.) Mexican crema
- 1 Tbsp. Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 15 corn tortillas
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat360
Preheat oven to 375°.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just starting to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Remove shrimp mixture to bowl; set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook chorizo, stirring occasionally, until golden. Stir in sauce, crema and Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer partially covered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir 3/4 cup sauce into shrimp mixture. Spread 1/2 cup sauce into 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Tear 5 tortillas in half, coat with sauce and arrange in baking dish. Spread 1/2 of the shrimp mixture in baking dish. Repeat layers using tortillas and shrimp mixture. Top with 5 remaining tortillas, tearing them into pieces to cover any gaps. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake uncovered 20 minutes, or until bubbly.