- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 ounces ham, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor Cube(s)
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. ea.) pigeon peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup sliced green olives with pimento
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat and cook ham, stirring until browned. Stir in onion and cook until softened. Add pepper and garlic and cook, stirring until softened.
Crumble Knorr ® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor Cubes into saucepan and stir to combine. Stir in rice, pigeon peas and bay leaf. Add water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Stir in olives; remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf.