Skip to content
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms or white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped, (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable
- 1/2 cup half & half
Melt margarine over medium-high heat in medium saucepan and cook mushrooms with onion, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender and liquid is almost evaporated, about 8 minutes. Stir in flour and thyme; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
Process mushroom mixture, 1/2 cup water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable in blender* or food processor until smooth. Return to saucepan and stir in remaining 2 cups water and half and half and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.