- 2 cans (14.5 oz. ea.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 ounces vermicelli (Fideos), broken
- 2 cups water
- 4 tsp. Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat90
Process first 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth; set aside.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook vermicelli about 3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently; drain on paper towels.
Add reserved tomato mixture and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return vermicelli to saucepan, add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 7 minutes or until vermicelli is tender, stirring occasionally. Garnish with grated Cotija or Parmesan cheese, lime wedges and additional chopped fresh cilantro leaves.