Skip to content
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 Scotch bonnet chili peppers, stemmed
- 1 onion
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced (about 3-in. long)
- 4 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 3 Tbsp. ground allspice
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs or drumsticks
Process all ingredients except oil and chicken in blender or food processor until smooth. With blender running, slowly add oil to make a smooth paste. Combine chicken and marinade in a large shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag; turn to coat. Cover, or close bag and marinate in refrigerator about 4 hours.
Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill or broil chicken about 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, turning once. Serve with hot sauce.