- 3 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. medium potatoes, cut into cubes (about 3 cups)
- 4 medium carrots, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup thawed frozen green peas
Pour boiling water over Knorr® Homestyle Stock in large measuring cup or bowl; stir until dissolved; set aside.
Season beef with black pepper, then coat with 2 tablespoons flour. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef, in two batches, stirring frequently; set aside.
Arrange potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic in 5-quart slow cooker. Add beef, 3 cups prepared Stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and bay leaf. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 5 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
Blend remaining 2 tablespoons flour with remaining 1/4 cup prepared Stock in small bowl until smooth. Stir flour mixture, then peas into slow cooker. Increase the heat to HIGH. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens.