- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 fresh sage leaves or thyme sprigs (optional)
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (about 8 oz.)
- 4 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-in. slices
Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Melt Spread in 6-quart stockpot over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
Stir in flour with wire whisk and cook 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk, heavy cream and pepper. Add sage and bring to a boil, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
Remove from heat, then remove sage. Whisk in Knorr® Homestyle Stock and 1-1/2 cups cheese; set aside. (Sauce will be very thick).
Toss potatoes with cheese sauce, then evenly spread in prepared baking dish. Bake covered 50 minutes. Remove cover, then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 20 minutes or until golden.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.