- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup Simple Sofrito*, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or queso fresco, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 jar (1 lb. 8 oz.) pasta sauce
- 8 manicotti pasta, cooked and drained
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat300
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 11 x 7-in. baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and heat chicken with 1/2 cup Simple Sofrito, stirring frequently, 3 minutes. Turn into medium bowl, then stir in 1 cup cheese and onion.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet and cook chili powder 1 minute. Add remaining 1/2 cup Sofrito and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Spread 1 cup sauce in prepared dish. Evenly fill manicotti with chicken mixture; arrange in dish. Top with remaining sauce, then remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.