Skip to content
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat470
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken (about 2-1/2 to 3-1/2-lb.), cut into pieces
- 5 Tbsp. margarine, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves
For Chicken, combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat; set aside.
Melt 2 tablespoons margarine in 6-quart nonstick saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once; remove and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon margarine and cook onion, celery and carrot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until vegetables are golden. Add thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken and water; stir to dissolve. Add chicken and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Remove meat from chicken bones, then return meat to saucepot.
Meanwhile, for Dumplings, combine remaining 1 cup flour, baking powder, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons margarine; add milk and parsley. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
Bring chicken mixture to a boil over high heat. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into broth. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, 12 minutes or until dumplings are cooked. (Do not remove lid until end of cook time.)