Skip to content
- 1 link chorizo sausage or 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s), crumbled
- 2 cans (15 oz. ea.) black beans, rinsed and drained
Cook chorizo in a medium saucepan over medium heat 3 minutes or until done; drain. Add onion and red pepper and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are golden, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered 25 minutes.
Process 2-1/2 cups soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to saucepot. Serve with fried tortilla strips, sliced green onions, non-fat sour cream and cilantro.