Skip to content
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat200
- 4 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice or converted rice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. PLUS 2 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (16 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup queso fresco, divided
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
Melt margarine in 12-inch nonstick skillet and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or rice is until golden. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add water and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Stir in corn and cook covered an additional 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
Remove skillet from heat, then stir in chicken, beans, Mexican crema and salsa verde. Spread 1/2 of the rice mixture in prepared dish; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, then top with remaining rice and cheese.
Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro.