- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 large beets, (about 1 lb.), peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick and quartered
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices and quartered
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chick peas or garbanzos
- 4 ounces halved green beans, (about 1 cup), blanched and chilled
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven 425°.
Combine 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable, olive oil and vinegar in small bowl; reserve 3 tablespoons.
Bring water, rice and remaining tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable to a boil over high heat in 3-quart saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered according to rice package directions; cool slightly. Stir in 1/2 of the remaining vinegar mixture and set aside.
Toss beets, onion and 3 tablespoon reserved vinegar mixture, then arrange on large baking sheet. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until beets are tender and onions are golden, about 30 minutes.
Roast chick peas or garbanzos beans on another baking sheet until chick peas or garbanzo beans are slightly crunchy and golden, about 15 minutes.
Toss green beans, onion mixture, chick peas or garbanzo beans and remaining vinegar mixture in large bowl. Gently stir in rice. Top with almonds and goat cheese.