Skip to content
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 ounces salt pork, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Beef flavor
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
In small bowl, mash 2 tablespoons black beans with cumin; set aside. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook salt pork until crisp. Remove salt pork; reserve salt pork and drippings.
Add onion, green pepper and garlic to reserved drippings and cook over medium heat until tender. Stir in reserved mashed beans until blended. Stir in remaining beans, reserved salt pork, water, Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Beef flavor and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Garnish, if desired, with chopped cilantro..