Skip to content
- 6 lbs. standing rib roast
- 1/2 cup Maille® Dijon Originale Traditional Dijon Mustard
- 2 Knorr® Beef flavored Bouillon Cube(s)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves, divided
- 1 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 lb. mixed wild mushrooms, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 325°. Bring beef to room temperature before roasting, about 1 hour.
Combine mustard with 1 Knorr® Beef flavored Bouillon Cube, garlic and chopped leaves from 5 sprigs of thyme and 2-1/2 sprigs rosemary in small bowl. Season, if desired, with black pepper, then evenly spread beef with mustard mixture on top and sides.
Arrange beef, mustard-side up, in large roasting pan. Roast, uncovered in center oven until desired doneness*, about 2-1/2 hours.
Meanwhile, heat margarine and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms and remaining herbs until tender, about 3 minutes.
Remove roast to carving board, loosely covered with aluminim foil and let stand 15 minutes.
Reserve 3 tablespoons drippings from pan, discarding the rest. Heat reserved drippings in roasting pan and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour with wire whisk until smooth. Stir in water, remaining Bouillon Cube, wine and vinegar until no lumps remain. Stir in mushrooms and herbs. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thicken, about 3 minutes. Discard herb sprigs. Serve over sliced beef.