Skip to content
- 1 envelope Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces ham, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup corn
- 1 medium poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, white and green parts separated, about 3/4 cup each
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
Prepare rice according to Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix package directions. Let cool 3 hours or refrigerate overnight.
Heat oil in large deep skillet or wok over medium-high heat and cook ham, stirring frequently, until golden. Stir in corn and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in poblano and red peppers and white part of green onions and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in chipotle pepper and rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is heated through.
Make a well in the center of rice. Pour eggs into center and cook just until starting to set. Stir eggs into rice.
Remove rice from heat stir in about 2/3 of the green onions and cilantro. Sprinkle with remaining green onions and cilantro. Garnish, if desired, with crumbled queso fresco.