Skip to content
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package (10 oz.) mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 8 cups water
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
Heat olive oil in 8-quart saucepot over high heat and cook mushrooms, stirring frequently, until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in onion and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high and stir in garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
Add water, barley, Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Vegetable and oregano. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until barley is cooked, about 30 minutes. Stir in parsley. Serve, if desired, with hearty crusty bread.