- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. ground chicken
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tsp. Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso blanco
- 10 frozen empanada discs, thawed
- Vegetable oil for frying
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion about 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes, stirring frequently to break up pieces. Stir in tomatoes, raisins, olives, peppers, Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon and cinnamon and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool.
Roll dough into 5-inch circles on a very lightly floured surface. Spoon 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture into centers. Evenly sprinkle with cheese. Fold each in half, pressing out air bubbles. Moisten edges with water and seal tightly with a fork.
Heat oil to 350°F in deep medium skillet. Cook empanadas, a few at a time, about 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once; drain on paper towels.