- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup half & half
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat70
Combine yogurt and spices in medium bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Melt Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, in two batches, turning once, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Place chicken in slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients except half and half to slow cooker. Cook on HIGH 3-1/2 hours. Stir in half and half and cook 30 minutes until chicken is very tender.* Break chicken into bite-size pieces with wooden spoon.
Serve, if desired, with steamed cauliflower, chick peas, hot cooked rice and sprinkled with chopped cilantro.