- 4 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, divided
- 1 package (10 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces and blanched
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 375°.
Melt 2 tablespoons Spread in 2-quart saucepan and cook mushrooms and onion, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in water, cream, Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
Arrange green beans in large shallow casserole, then pour on sauce. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread and blend with bread crumbs; sprinkle over green beans.
Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.