- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 6 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, divided
- 2 medium red bell peppers or green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup regular rice or converted rice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat100
Heat 1 tablespoon oil 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken with 1 tablespoon Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, turning once, 6 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add remaining oil to same skillet and cook red peppers and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until rice is golden. Add water, chicken and remaining Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered 20 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside. Cook rice an additional 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
Meanwhile, shred chicken and discard bones. Stir chicken, peas, olives and ketchup into skillet. Cook covered 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro.