- 4 boneless center cut pork chops (about 1 lb.), trimmed of fat
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato or yam, peeled and cubed
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1 can (19 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Season chops, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in deep large nonstick skillet over high heat and brown chops. Remove chops and set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion with sweet potato, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in water, rice and Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes.
Stir in beans and cilantro, then top with chops. Cover and cook until chops are done and rice is tender, about 10 minutes.