- 1 large ancho chile pepper, stem removed and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, roasted or grilled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (26 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 2 cups shredded or cut up cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded queso blanco or Monterey Jack cheese
- additional vegetable oil for frying tortillas
- 12 corn tortillas
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat280
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Pour boiling water over chili; cover and let stand 20 minutes or until softened. Remove from liquid, discarding liquid. Chop and set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 of the onion and cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chili and garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered 10 minutes.
Process tomato mixture in food processor or blender in batches. Stir in sour cream.
Combine chicken, remaining onion and 1 cup cheese in a bowl; set aside.
Heat 1 inch of oil in deep-sided medium skillet over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas, one at a time, about 10 seconds to soften; drain on paper towels.
Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in a 13 X 9-inch glass baking dish. Dip tortillas in remaining tomato sauce, then evenly fill with chicken mixture. Roll up and arrange seam side down in prepared baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.