Skip to content
- 1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Spanish Rice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 package (15 oz.) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 2 Tbsp. water
Preheat oven to 400°.
Cook sausage, onion, celery and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until sausage is browned; drain. Stir in 2-1/4 cups water, Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Spanish Rice and cumin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in chilies; let cool.
Unfold pie crusts on ungreased baking sheets. Evenly spoon 1/2 of the rice mixture on 1/2 of each crust leaving 1-inch border. Brush edges with egg yolks, then fold over pastry and seal edges with fork. Pierce tops with fork, then brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.