WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. dried rubbed sage
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 14 -lb. fresh whole turkey
- 2 medium onions, (1 quartered and 1 chopped)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 large ribs celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat290
Let's Get Cooking
Preheat oven to 325°. Combine oil, Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, thyme, sage, oregano, garlic powder and black pepper in small bowl.
Rub Bouillon mixture all over turkey including under the skin. Place turkey in large roasting pan. Put quartered onion into turkey cavity and arrange chopped onion, carrots and celery around turkey in pan.
Roast about 3 hours or until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh reaches 165°. Loosely cover turkey with foil if turkey becomes too brown before it reaches temperature.
Remove turkey to cutting board and let stand 20 minutes before carving. Scrape any brown bits from bottom of pan, then strain pan juices into large measuring cup. Spoon off fat and reserve.
Heat 1/4 cup turkey fat in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Slowly whisk in pan juices, adding water if mixture is too thick. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with turkey.