- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten with 2 Tbsp. water
- 5 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed (about 8 oz.)
- 6 grouper, cod or haddock fillets (about 5 oz. ea.)
- 12 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s), dissolved in 1 cup boiling water
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. hot green pepper sauce
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat140
In shallow dish, combine flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt. In medium bowl, combine egg mixture with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. In another bowl, place crushed corn flakes. Dip fillets in flour, then egg mixture, then crushed corn flakes; set aside.
In large nonstick skillet, melt 4 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in corn and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in prepared chicken broth and tomatoes. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro and hot sauce. Remove salsa to serving platter and set aside.
In another large skillet, melt 4 tablespoons Spread over medium-high heat and cook three fillets 5 minutes or until golden brown and fish flakes, turning once. Remove to baking sheet and keep warm. Wipe skillet clean; repeat with remaining 4 tablespoons Spread and fillets.
To serve, arrange fillets over warm salsa. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped cilantro.