Skip to content
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat80
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. plain dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 6 tsp. Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon, divided
- 3 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 ounces fideos or vermicelli noodles, broken
Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, cumin and 2 teaspoons Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon in medium bowl. Shape into 30 meatballs.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in medium saucepan over medium heat and brown meatballs, in batches, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Wipe saucepan clean with paper towel. Add water, remaining 4 teaspoons Bouillon, meatballs and tomatoes and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered 5 minutes.
Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat and cook fideos, stirring frequently, until golden, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels. Add fideos to saucepan. Simmer covered 5 minutes or until fideos are tender. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro and grated cotija or Parmesan cheese.