- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Knorr® Chipotle MiniCube(s), crumbled
- 1 jar (28 oz.) nopales cactus strips, rinsed and drained (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or queso fresco
- 8 corn tortillas
Preheat oven to 400°. Grease 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook 1/2 of the onion, until caramelized, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes. Stir in sour cream and Knorr® Chipotle MiniCubes.
Combine remaining onion, nopales and 1 cup cheese in a medium bowl. Dip tortillas into tomato sauce mixture, then evenly fill with nopales mixture; roll up. Arrange seam-side down in the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining sauce, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with chopped cilantro and drizzle with additional sour cream.