Skip to content
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups sliced assorted fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine or chicken broth (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Herb & Butter
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Melt margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion with garlic, stirring occasionally. until onion is transluent, about 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine and cook until all liquid is almost evaporated.
Add water and milk and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Herb & Butter and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook covered 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and basil. Transfer to serving dish and garnish, if desired, with additional Parmesan cheese.