Skip to content
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks (about 5 cups)
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes or all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large shallots or 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 2 tubs Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme and/or rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger
- Fig Relish* (optional)
Preheat oven to 450°.
Toss squash, potatoes, shallots, garlic and olive oil in small roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and just starting to brown.
Bring water, Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken, roasted vegetables, thyme and ginger to a boil over high heat in 5-quart saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
Process soup, in batches, in blender until desired smoothness.
Serve in individual bowls and garnish with Fig Relish*.