- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, skinned, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn or drained canned corn
- 1 cup uncooked regular or converted rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat130
In 4-quart saucepot, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in peppers, garlic and corn and cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove onion mixture and set aside.
In same saucepot, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil and cook rice, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in water, Bouillon and onion mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper.