- 2 strips bacon, cut in pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) pigeon peas or small pink beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 envelope Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green olives with pimento
- 1 Tbsp. capers, drained
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat30
Cook bacon In large saucepan over medium heat until crisp and fat has been rendered.
Stir in peppers; cook over medium heat stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until crisp- tender. Stir in rice and cook, stirring, 4 minutes. Stir in peas, tomato, water and Knorr® Mi Arroz™ Red Rice Seasoning Mix and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 18 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat and stir in olives and capers; let stand 10 minutes before serving.