Skip to content
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat260
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 lb. boneless chuck roast or stew meat, cubed
- 1 package (10 oz.) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 package Knorr® Au Jus gravy mix
- 1 bay leaf
Cook bacon until crisp in dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepot. Remove bacon and reserve drippings. Coarsely chop bacon, set aside.
Cook pearl onions in reserved drippings, stirring frequently, until browned. Remove onions with slotted; set aside.
Season beef, if desired, with salt and pepper.Brown in reserved drippings, in batches, if necessary. Remove with slotted spoon; set aside.
Stir onions and mushrooms into dutch oven and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato pa