- 1 Knorr Beef Stock Cube
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 kg cubed beef steak select the marbled cut
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 parsley roots peeled and sliced
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds (optional)
- 2 bell peppers deseeded and chopped roughly
- 5 grams paprika or Tabasco sauce to your taste
In a large saucepan, fry the bacon over medium heat, add onions and sauté for 10–12 minutes. Turn the heat to high and brown the meat on all sides for about 3 minutes.
Add the stock and simmer over low heat for 1–1½ hours or until the meat is tender. Add vegetables and spices. Bring back to the boil and cook for about 15 minutes more or until vegetables are cooked through but not mushy.
Add additional stock if necessary to cover the ingredients. Garnish with parsley and a dollop of natural yoghurt. Serve with crusty bread for a full meal.
- Amount per Serving
|Nutritional values||Amount per Serving|
|Energy (kcal)||443.125 kcal|
|Protein (g)||43.349 g|
|Sugar (g)||4.131 g|
|Fat (g)||20.671 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.889 g|
Want to receive recipes, tips & tricks on how to eat sustainable?
Tell us your cooking preferences and we'll do the rest.