Beef Bourguignon with Mushrooms
3 H 25 MINS
- 1 grams Knorr Rich Beef Stock Pot, dissolved in 400 ml boiling water
- 800 g casserole steak, cut into large chunks
- 200 g wild mushrooms, cut in half (if large)
- 1/2 bottle full bodied red wine
- 3 rashers unsmoked bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 celery stick
- 1 bay leaf
- A few sprigs thyme
- A few sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5- 6 cloves garlic, left whole with the skin on
- 2 tbsp flour mixed with some black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
Toss the meat in flour. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the meat, in batches, on all sides. Doing this in batches makes it easier to brown the meat. Put the meat into a casserole dish.
Add the onions to the same frying pan and cook slowly for 5 minutes until they start to soften but do not brown. Add the onions to the casserole dish, along with the garlic cloves.
Add the celery, bay leaf, thyme and parsley to the casserole dish. Pour in the wine and the Knorr Rich Beef Stock Pot stirring well. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Cover and cook in the oven, at 150°C, 130°C fan, Gas mark 2 for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until the meat is tender.
About 20 minutes from the end of cooking time heat a small non-stick frying pan, add the bacon and dry fry until it is golden and crisp, leave to one side. In the same pan add a teaspoon of oil if needed and pan fry the mushrooms until lightly golden.
Serve the Bourguignon garnished with the bacon and mushrooms.
- Amount per Serving
|Nutritional values||Amount per Serving|
|Energy (kcal)||916.62 kcal|
|Protein (g)||27.73 g|
|Sugar (g)||2.59 g|
|Fat (g)||81.38 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.49 g|
Want to receive recipes, tips & tricks on how to eat sustainable?
Tell us your cooking preferences and we'll do the rest.