Sweet Potato and Bean Chilli
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 1 large sweet potato diced
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 celery sticks chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 1 carrot chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tinned red kidney beans drained
- 1 tinned black-eye beans drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 350 ml water
- 300 g wild rice
- 1 dollop of creme fraiche
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado sliced
Heat the oil in a saucepan then add the diced onions, carrots, celery and garlic for 5 minutes then add in the spices.
Cook for 1 minute then add the diced sweet potato, tomatoes, water and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot.
Simmer for 10 minutes then add the drained beans and cook for another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
Cook the wild rice until light and fluffy.
When the chilli is ready serve with a squeeze of lime over the chilli, a dollop of creme fraiche, yoghurt or sour cream and some roughly chopped coriander or avocado (all optional) with rice on the side.
- Amount per Serving
|Nutritional values||Amount per Serving|
|Energy (kcal)||633.324 kcal|
|Protein (g)||25.41 g|
|Sugar (g)||11.808 g|
|Fat (g)||13.917 g|
|Fibre (g)||20.014 g|
Want to receive recipes, tips & tricks on how to eat sustainable?
Tell us your cooking preferences and we'll do the rest.