Anglo-Indian Chicken Stew
- 2 Knorr Organic Chicken Stock Pot, dissolved in 750 ml hot water
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into large chunks
- 2 Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into a medium dice
- 100 g of green beans, diced
- 50 g of petit pois
- 30 g of edamame beans
- 1/4 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into a medium dice
- 4 sprigs of mint, leaves picked
- 3 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 green chillies, slit
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 knob of ginger, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 30 ml of olive oil
To begin, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add cinnamon sticks, black peppercorns and cloves. Lightly fry, then add the sliced onions and fry until golden brown, for roughly 8–10 minutes on a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Add the chopped garlic and ginger and sauté for a minute or so. Add chicken pieces and cook over high heat for 5 minutes, until nicely golden and coated in the spices. Sprinkle over the flour and sauté well for a further 5 minutes.
Add the green chillies, tomato paste and hot stock, season with salt and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chunks of potato and simmer a further 15 minutes.
Finally, add the vegetables and mint leaves and simmer a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve hot with either sourdough bread or steamed rice.
- Amount per Serving
|Nutritional values||Amount per Serving|
|Energy (kcal)||431.9 kcal|
|Protein (g)||22.39 g|
|Sugar (g)||6.21 g|
|Fat (g)||24.87 g|
|Fibre (g)||6.86 g|
Want to receive recipes, tips & tricks on how to eat sustainable?
Tell us your cooking preferences and we'll do the rest.