Lemon and Thyme Chicken
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 dps freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 4 chicken fillets
- For the bean salad:
- 4 tbsp Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- 200 g broad beans, cooked, refreshed in cold water, drained and shelled
- 200 g peas, cooked, refreshed in cold water, drained
- 200 g giant couscous, cooked according to pack
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 5- 6 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, snipped
Crumble the Knorr Chicken Stock cube into the oil to make a paste. Add half the lemon juice, and the zest and thyme leaves and mix well.
Using your fingertips, rub the paste into the chicken.
Place the chicken breasts on the BBQ or alternatively under a hot grill. Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until chicken is cooked through.
To make the salad, add mayonnaise to the broad beans, peas and cooked couscous. Stir in the spring onions (reserving a few for decoration) and the mint and chives. (It is a fiddly job shelling the broad beans but well worth the effort to reveal their jewel green colour.)
Place the salad on a serving plate. Slice the chicken breasts and arrange on top of the salad and drizzle with the remaining lemon juice. Finish by scattering over the remaining spring onions.
- Amount per Serving
|Nutritional values||Amount per Serving|
|Energy (kcal)||732.82 kcal|
|Protein (g)||52.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||8.57 g|
|Fat (g)||22.84 g|
|Fibre (g)||17.12 g|
Want to receive recipes, tips & tricks on how to eat sustainable?
Tell us your cooking preferences and we'll do the rest.