Indian-Chinese Chilli Chicken
- 2 Knorr Organic Chicken Stock Pot, dissolved in 500 ml hot water
- 500 g chicken breast, cut into 3 equal strips then thinly sliced
- 5 whole dried red chilli, deseeded cut into 1 cm slices and broken into 3 pieces
- 4 green chillies, cut into thick diagonal slices
- 3 spring onions, cut the bulb into quarters and the leaves into cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into a large dice
- 1 knob of ginger, approximately 5 cm in length, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into a large dice
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of cornflour
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 50 ml vegetable oil
To begin, heat the oil in a large wok or non-stick saucepan and brown the chicken (in batches if required) over high heat, turning the chicken after a minute so it evenly colours on both sides. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and set it aside. Heat the same oil and toss the green peppers for 10 seconds. Drain with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the red chillies, green chillies and ginger to the pan stir-fry for 2–3 minutes. Add the onions and toss well for 1 min. Add the dark and light soy sauces and mix well. Add stock and.d bring the mixture to a boil. Dissolve the cornflour in 1 ½ tbsp of cold water and mix well.
Once the stock begins to boil, add the cornflour paste, stirring vigorously to avoid any lumps. Add the tossed green peppers, browned chicken and spring onions and cook for a further 2–3 minutes over high heat.
Add the salt as required, drizzle over some sesame oil and serve hot with vegetable or egg-fried rice
- Amount per Serving
|Nutritional values||Amount per Serving|
|Energy (kcal)||390.33 kcal|
|Protein (g)||27.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||3.58 g|
|Fat (g)||26.42 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.75 g|
Want to receive recipes, tips & tricks on how to eat sustainable?
Tell us your cooking preferences and we'll do the rest.