Easy Chicken & Vegetable Casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 40 g pancetta cubes
- 1 large leek, trimmed and finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 300 g new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 300 g leftover cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 200 g greens, such as green beans, kale, peas or spinach
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Optional: 20 grams creme fraiche to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, throw in the pancetta and fry for 5 minutes.
Add the leek, garlic and thyme leaves, then cook until softened.
Boil the kettle. Measure out 750ml of boiling water in a measuring jug, then add the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and stir to make a stock.
Pour it into the pan, add the potatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the sauce has reduced.
Stir in the chicken and greens, then cook until the meat is piping hot and the greens are tender.
Season to taste with black pepper and lemon juice, then serve with a dollop of crème fraîche, if you like.
- Amount per Serving
|Nutritional values||Amount per Serving|
|Energy (kcal)||247.146 kcal|
|Protein (g)||18.037 g|
|Sugar (g)||4.166 g|
|Fat (g)||11.911 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.784 g|
Want to receive recipes, tips & tricks on how to eat sustainable?
Tell us your cooking preferences and we'll do the rest.