Pack away the pasta.
Put the chicken into the freezer.
Banish the burgers.
In fact, get ready for a healthy dinner recipe revolution and make space in your kitchen for The Future 50 Foods.
Oh – and you’re also helping the planet while you’re cooking up a storm. How great is that?
With the Future 50 Foods, you have a huge new basket of easy and healthy recipes to wow the family. All plant-based, super-nutritious and great for the environment.
Specifically chosen, in fact, because of their low impact on the environment. These foods are all about doing no harm while imparting serious health benefits.
Healthy, Easy, Different
Making a stew? There’s a Future 50 food for that. Many foods, in fact. How about okra or pumpkin flowers for something a little different?
If you’re looking for a nutritious dessert, get familiar with sesame seeds, commonlyfound in crackers and baked treats, such as the Middle Eastern dessert halva.
Missing out on meat doesn’t need to go unchecked either. Sprouted chickpeas have a deliciously nutty, creamy flavour with a hint of meaty texture. Even better: one cup of chickpeas gives you approximately ten grams of protein.
There are so many to choose from – 50 Superfoods in fact, you could create a new dish every day for almost two months! Choose from known ingredients like spinach and wild rice or get inventive with Bambara groundnut, fonio, soybeans and cowpeas.
A United Nations of plant-based recipes!
Tasty recipes to try
Quick Tricks To Up The Health Factor
Choosing and maintaining a diet of sustainable foods is the first step to healthy eating.Where possible, try a vegetarian recipe option. Go meatless one day of the week, or even for just one meal.
- Make a conscious effort to fill up your plate with more vegetables than animal proteins.
- Start a little plant garden at home! If you don’t have the space, little pots on the windowsill to grow herbs will do. This is a great way for the whole family to invest in greener eating.
- If you can, try to eat local. Visit nearby farms and markets and pick the freshest, most seasonal items. Good for the community and good for you!
Fussy Eaters – no problem
“But what about the fussy eaters in my family?”
Not to worry, The Future 50 Foods has something for everyone.
As it stands now, 75% of our global food supply comes from just 12 plants and five animal species.
Which means that we (and your picky eaters) are missing out on loads more great, nutritious, tasty plant foods that could be an eye-opener in terms of their palate!
- Explore the various 50 foods and start by picking items that are similar or familiar to things your family may already eat.
- Make one day a week “Something different for dinner” day. A fun way of incorporating more healthful, plant-based recipes.
- Get your kids involved in planning interesting recipes for the week. Let them sift through the ingredients and pick their faves.
- Be creative! Why not do “Breakfast for dinner” one night of the week? You can make porridge, use nuts and grains for parfaits or make pastries with healthy ingredients.
Healthy Recipe Inspiration Station
Get started with these not-your-average normal dinner ideas, using some of the Future 50 Foods.
- Recipe not found.
Discover Future 50 Foods Recipes
Focus on all the exciting flavours you can add with plant-based foods. Try new recipes to help introduce different foods, such as umami-rich enoki mushrooms, or rethink the way you see familiar foods, perhaps by utilizing lusciously roasted walnuts in a savoury dish.
- Recipe not found.