Skip to content
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat45
- 1 quart apple juice
- 3 1/2 -lb. boneless pork loin roast, butterflied
- 9 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, divided
- 2 cups pitted prunes, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, divided
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chipotle chilies in adobo sauce *
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 large apples, (such as <BR>Lady Pink or Gala), peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium white onion, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup water
Bring apple juice to a boil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Boil until reduced to about 3/4 cup, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 350°.
Place roast fat-side-down on work surface. Sprinkle and rub with 4 teaspoons Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon. Arrange prunes in even layer over roast, leaving 1-inch border on 3 sides. Roll up roast, starting from end that does not have a border; tie roast with string.
Pierce roast all over with knife. Slice 2 garlic cloves and cut into slivers. Insert garlic slivers into slits.
Combine remaining 4 garlic cloves, chipotles, vinegar, cinnamon and 3 teaspoons Bouillon in blender. Gradually add cooled apple juice and process until smooth.
Scatter apple and onion in large roasting pan. Place roast, seam side down, on top. Combine water with remaining 2 teaspoons Bouillon and pour into pan. Brush roast all over with half of apple juice mixture.
Roast 30 minutes; brush with remaining apple juice mixture. Continue roasting, stirring apples and onions occasionally, 1 hour 15 minutes, or until meat thermometer reaches 145°. Remove roast to cutting board and let stand 10 minutes before removing twine and slicing.
Arrange sliced roast on platter. Lift apples and onions from pan and arrange on platter with roast. Strain pan juices; skim off fat and serve on the side.