Skip to content
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat160
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs. fresh calabaza or butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 8 cups)
- 1 garlic
- 3 cups water *
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
Melt Country Crock® Spread in 4-quart saucepot over medium heat and cook onion with calabaza, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until almost tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water and Bouillon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until calabaza is tender. Stir in cream; heat through. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Process soup in blender or food processor, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepot. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Garnish, if desired, with crumbled queso fresco and chopped cilantro.