- 2 Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
- 1 cup finely chopped white bread
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1/4 lbs. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (5.75 oz.) whole green chilies, drained
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes in puree, undrained
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
Dissolve 1 Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube in 2 tablespoons very hot water; set aside. Combine bread with milk; let stand.
Combine ground beef, egg, 1 clove chopped garlic, chipotle pepper, dissolved Bouillon and bread in medium bowl. Shape into 1-1/2-inch meatballs; set aside.
Heat olive oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion until tender, about 4 minutes. Add remaining garlic and green chilies and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, remaining Bouillon Cube, remaining water, oregano and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Process tomato mixture in blender or food processor, in batches, until smooth. Return to saucepot, then gently stir in meatballs. Simmer over low heat 25 minutes or until meatballs are done. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh parsley and serve with hot cooked rice.