- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 packets Knorr® Sazon with Garlic, Onion, Annatto and Coriander
- 1 can (15 oz.) pigeon peas, drained
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups medium grain rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cube(s)
In 6-quart heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook ham, shallots, green onions and green pepper, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cook tomatoes, cilantro, Knorr® Sazon with Garlic, Onion, Annatto and Coriander and pigeon peas 3 minutes.
Add salt and black pepper. Stir in rice, then water and Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish, if desired, with diced pork rinds.