- 3 Tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup regular rice or converted rice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 4 tsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 3-quart saucepot over medium heat and cook rice, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Add water and 2 teaspoons Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Turn rice onto jelly-roll pan and spread evenly; chill 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 teaspoons Bouillon with remaining ingredients. Stir in rice. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh mint or cilantro.